May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

More Purging

My new favorite YouTuber is Diane in Denmark. I found Diane while doing research for a possible trip to Scandinavia in 2019. She does share interesting facts about her region, but her channel's primary goal is to teach others how to make daily "chores" easier and less stressful.

I've always been organized and I hate clutter. I also love to purge and keep my house neat and tidy. Diane in Denmark is all of those things, but she's extemely practical and frugal in her approach.

Currently I'm participating in Diane's 40 in 40 Challenge, which began February 19. Everyday, for 40 days, participants purge one item. It can be as small as a broken pencil or as big as a piece of furniture. It doesn't matter the size. The objective is to be consistent, always keeping an eye out for items that are just cluttering up your space. Like many participants, I'm posting my daily items on Instagram if you're interested.

With Diane's motivation and tips, I'm now finding daily and weekly chores much less arduous. She's just what I needed at this time of my life. I love YouTube!

No comments: