May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Branson Winter Getaway

My view from the condo's rocker recliner.
Last weekend we took advantage of hubby getting Presidents Day off and drove to Branson for a three-night getaway. We had such a relaxing time we didn't want to leave.

Danna's BBQ
I found a condo in our price range on VRBO with everything we wanted. Click here to see where we stayed. It was super clean with an extremely comfortable king-size bed. And the kitchen was well stocked with all we needed to prepare simple breakfasts and dinners. For our lunches, we enjoyed barbecue, once at Danna's and once at Rib Crib.

On Saturday afternoon we toured Titanic, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We were there 2.5 hours and appreciated the off-season lighter crowd.

Hubby working on jigsaw
puzzle number two.
Then on Sunday we spent most of the afternoon at the outlet mall, taking advantage of the Presidents Day Sale. We scored great deals on wardrobe items hubby and I both needed. And I was able to finish Easter shopping for our grandsons and granddaughter. I also treated myself to my first Coach bag, which was 75 percent off!

The rest of our days and evenings were spent relaxing in the condo. Hubby assembled two jigsaw puzzles and I watched shows on Britbox, my newest app for watching British TV. I just binge watched all five seasons of Scott & Bailey, which I highly recommend.

Branson is quickly becoming our go-to for quick getaways. Last year we went twice and we're already planning our second visit for this year. In May, hubby's birthday month, we're looking forward to the Bluegrass and BBQ Festival at Silver Dollar City.

We got home Monday afternoon and I'm still feeling so much more relaxed than I did before our getaway. I don't know why it took me so long to appreciate the Ozark Mountains. But I do know I'm now quickly falling in love with Branson.

The Titanic Museum is a must-do!
On the back of the Boarding Pass
is the name and story of a passenger.
At the end of the tour, it's revealed
whether or not the passenger survived.
Here's some of our outlet mall haul.
This doesn't include two pair of shoes,
one for me and one for hubby.







1 comment:

Rita said...

OMGosh! That place looks beautiful! It has more square footage than my apartment!

Sounds like you made a real haul and got some great deals. What fun!! :)