May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, March 1, 2018

MS Awareness Month

My son-in-law was diagnosed with MS ten years ago at 30 years old. Older MS warriors envy his diagnose at such a young age because it's very possible a cure will be found well within Mike's life time.

So far, Mike's weekly injections have prevented his MS from getting worse. And we're grateful his insurance covers most of the astronomical cost of those injections.

We're also grateful Mike has no noticeable challenges such as a limp or permanent vision loss. His main struggles, so far, are difficulties fighting infections and depression.

Since Mike's diagnosis, my daughter has hosted a garage sale fundraiser every spring. (So, you see, all my purging goes to a great cause.) And our family has participated in the annual MS Walk.

Please be aware of this debilitating and growing disease. And please do what you can to help find a cure.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I am glad for him. I don't ow that much about MS really. Have never known anyone with th disease, but I do know it can be debilitating so I'm glad his was caught early. :)