May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Same Five Pounds

I've been recording my weight on the LoseIt! app since January 2015. Recently I took a close look at that log and found I've been losing and gaining the same five pounds for three years. That's good news and bad news.

The good news is I've managed to stay within five pounds for three years. The bad news is I now know why I'm feeling so defeated. It's as if I've been treading water for 36 months. I haven't gotten anywhere and I'm exhausted!

I'm tired of counting calories with little positive results. I'm also tired of doing hours of research looking for a better quicker way to lose weight in my 60s. And I'm tired of having to think long and hard before joining others eating cake and ice cream at a birthday party.

But what can I do except continue with what I've been doing for the greater part of the last three years. I'll continue recording calories on the LoseIt! app, staying within 1450 daily calories recommended for my height, weight, and age by several sources. And I'll continue working out three times a week, doing a mixture of weight resistance and intense cardio.

Nevertheless, I've nearly given up on my goal to firmly lose 10 pounds. Now my main motive is to continue fitting into my favorite bottoms. Pray God that's not asking too much.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I'd keep doing what you are doing and just change the expectations--yes! :) :)
You're doing great!