May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, September 2, 2017

6 Pounds Down; 1 From Goal

I just did my weekly weigh-in and found I dropped another pound. That's a six pound lose over 25 days. Amazing!

I'm not working any formal plan. I'm just eating fewer carbs and consuming more protein. For example, instead of grabbing a piece of fruit for a snack, I eat a cheese stick. Instead of using regular pasta, I use a high-protein brand. I also pass on the bread basket whenever we eat out. And, of course, I seldom have a sugary treat. When I do, I only need a couple bites to satisfy a craving.

I've also been using my trusted app LoseIt! to record my calories. LoseIt! also determines how many calories I should consume to reach my goal of losing a pound a week. As of this morning that goal is 1419 calories, because it drops every time I log a weight lose. It's like, "Good for you! Now you get to eat even less!" 😡

My original goal was to lose seven pounds, but I'd really like to lose 10. That would put me at a weight I haven't seen in three years and give me a buffer for our upcoming cruise later this month.

On average cruise passengers gain a pound a day. But I believe my awareness and determination will help me stay the course. And, worst case, at least I now finally know what works for my body and can get back on that program when we return.

So, today, the scale is my friend and I'm feeling extremely accomplished. Yay me!



1 comment:

Rita said...

That is really great!! You are going to be all set before your trip. Congrats!!!! :)