May 2018

May 2018

Monday, August 28, 2017

5 Pounds Down In 18 Days

As much as I hate it, for the last couple of weeks I've been using my scale to measure my progress. But I only weigh myself on Saturday mornings. As of last Saturday, my weight was down five pounds since I started a more intense low-carb high-protein high-fat diet 18 days ago. Knowing my body and weight struggle, my conclusion is my recent success is mainly due to the severe reduction of carbs in my diet.

I know 18 days is not a long time. But losing five pounds in less than three weeks is a huge accomplishment for me. Since turning 60 nearly six years ago, I've been unable to lose a pound a week no matter how little I ate or how much I exercised.

But I do love potatoes and bread. I also love pasta and fruit. And, on a low-carb diet, it's best to stay clear of potatoes, pasta, bread, crackers, chips, and too much fruit. So I can't say how long I'll accept this life-style change. But I do know losing weight at this pace is extremely motivating!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Kudos to you! That is fantastic--and the loss is motivational, yes. :)