May 2018

May 2018

Monday, August 14, 2017

Spiralized Zucchini

For dinner tonight, I spiralized zucchini for the first time. I used the OXO Hand Held Spiralizer, which was super easy to operate. Best of all it's small and goes in the dishwasher.

I cooked the spiralized zucchini in a skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil and garlic salt. After plating, I top it with grated parmesan cheese.

It's not pasta, but it's a great low-carb substitute. And, unlike cauliflower rice, there's no smell!

2 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I like zucchini and cauliflower both, but I have never spiralized the one or riced the other. I would like to try subbing the zucchini for pasta sometime. I'll check into that oxo device. Thx!

Rita said...

That actually looks good! The parmesan cheese probably helps--LOL! Glad to hear you liked it. I am planning to try that one day. I tried spaghetti squash with just salt, pepper, and butter and that was good. Glad to hear this! :) :)