May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Fall Cruise

We've enjoyed our recent coach tours (2016 in Eastern Europe and 2017 in Italy), but I did have a problem with my legs and ankles swelling from sitting on the bus for hours after long days of walking and standing. So we decided to see if we still enjoy cruising before planning another overseas trip.

The last time we cruised was over 30 years ago with the kids, and we had a great time. Since then, however, my claustrophia has gotten worse. But I'm determined to overcome my fear. So, armed with Xanax, we're taking a seven-day cruise of New England and Canada on the Crown Princess in September.

Crown Princess
One of the nicest things about this particular cruise is there's only one sea day. The rest of the days are spent in different ports, allowing me to get off the ship. And the sea day is at the end when I imagine I'll be ready to rest and relax.

7-Day New England & Canada Cruise
Another big plus of this cruise is it embarks and disembarks in Brooklyn, New York. Our son's family recently moved to Jersey City, New Jersey, so I'm excited to see our granddaughter the day before sail-away.

I'm also excited about each port. Boston is the only city we've visited before. But even in Boston, there's plenty of new areas for us to see. And it'll be hubby's first time in Canada. He's excited to be able to check off yet another country.

Of course there's no guarantee the leaves will be changing by mid September. But, for me, that would definitely be a highlight!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Smart to try this! I can put your feet up a lot and get off the ship every day. Sounds like your best bet--a good trial and a lot of fun. Please be better at remembering to take pictures than I am--LOL!