May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Intermittent Fasting – Update #4

I'm still fasting longer than I used to before beginning this program, but recently not as long as I prefer. Before our last vacation, I was fasting 15 hours. Since we returned, I've been fasting 13-14 hours. My intention is to get back to a 15-hour fast within the next few days, because that works best for me. I feel better and sleep sounder.

I'd like to report that I've lost weight or inches by Intermittent Fasting, but sadly that's not the case. In fact, I'm currently even more frustrated with my weight. I had my six-month check-up yesterday and found I gained two pounds. (I only weigh myself at the doctor's office.) I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but it means I'm now 8-10 pounds from my satisfactory weight.

What to do? I've dropped my daily calorie count from 1600 to 1400. I'm also eating even more low-carb and high-protein. And there will be no more infrequent sugary treats until I lose five pounds. Plus I'm mentally working on getting myself to take a 20-30 minute neighborhood walk before breakfast. But that's a tough one. I am not a morning person!

I don't know why losing weight as a senior has to be so hard. Whatever happened to simply burning more calories than you take in? I'll say it again. Aging is a lot of work!

Click here to learn more about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting.


2 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

My regular eating habits seem to fall into the intermittent fasting pattern, as I don't eat breakfast and eat supper relatively early. I haven't noticed any change in my weight from the times in my past when I regularly had 3 meals a day. I've begun regular exercise -weights, muscle toning, yoga, no aerobics- but that doesn't affect my weight at all. My metabolism may just have slowed more than I realized. Anyway, that's what I'm attributing it to.

Rita said...

I noticed things shifted back when I hit my 40s! Suddenly weight didn't come off anymore. But even sleeping better and feeling better--hey, that's worth the effort. ;)