May 2018

May 2018

Friday, August 18, 2017

Intermittent Fasting – Update #5 (Final)

This is my final Intermittent Fasting update. Things are good, but I don't think there will be any more changes.

Bottomline, as I've been told for decades, it's a good idea not to eat past 7:00 PM. My personal goal is to stop eating at 6:00 PM and to eat breakfast no earlier than 8:00 AM. So most days I fast 14 hours. It's not unusual, however, for me to fast longer, pushing breakfast later if I get sidetracked doing chores or research online.

As a result, I continue to sleep better. Plus it's easier to stick to my daily calorie goal. Prior to IF, I consumed 200-300 calories in the evening. That no longer happens, making meals more enjoyable. For the most part, I never exceeded my calorie goal, so before IF those 200-300 calories were taken from a more satisfying lunch or dinner.

I don't attribute any weight loss to IF. For me I think weight loss will only come by greatly reducing the amount of carbs and sugar I consume. I so wish that weren't the case.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Sounds like it was a good choice for you. Congrats on sticking to it. :)

Anonymous said...

I simply needed to say thanks yet again. I'm not certain the
things I would've accomplished in the absence of the type of smart ideas contributed by you directly on this area of interest.
Entirely was a real frustrating circumstance for me, however ,
coming across this expert mode you resolved it forced me to leap over fulfillment.
Now i'm happier for this guidance and thus believe you are aware of an amazing job that you're putting in educating many others through your
blog. Most likely you haven't got to know any of us.