May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Intermittent Fasting

Not too long ago I completed a free online form that determined my body type and why I'm not losing weight despite counting calories and working out regularly. One of the main suggestions to help end my weight plateau was to put off breakfast 2-3 hours. In other words, I should fast longer each day.

Then, more recently, one of the YouTubers I follow said he was currently on the Intermittent Fasting program, fasting 16 hours and consuming food only within an 8-hour window. During that 8-hour period, he made healthy choices and stayed within the suggested calorie count for his body type.

So, beginning last night, I decided to try Intermittent Fasting. I stopped eating at 7:00 PM and put off breakfast until 9:00 AM, fasting for 14 hours. I could have gone longer, but I didn't want to get light-headed during my 10:00 AM dentist appointment. I did drink roughly 16 ounces of water between waking at 7:00 AM and eating at 9:00 AM.

Intermittent Fasting goes against several beliefs I've had for a long time. First, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Second, it's best to eat many small meals during all waking hours. Third, one should always eat when hungry. Nevertheless, I plan to do Intermittent Fasting (fasting 14-16 hours per day) for at least 90 days. I don't see it hurting anything and, just maybe, I'll lose a few pounds.

(You can easily research online the pros and cons of Intermittent Fasting,
but here's a quick intro – Intermittent Fasting 101.)


1 comment:

Rita said...

You'll have to let me know how that works out over a few months. :)