May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Updates

It's been nearly two weeks since I posted and here's why.

On Thursday, April 21, hubby and I flew to New York. We arrived around 3:30 P.M. and my son and daughter-in-law picked us up from Laguardia. We then drove to their apartment to pick up the packed U-Haul. The plan was to park the car and U-Haul at the Hampton Inn Laguardia, where we would spend the first night, and have dinner in the city. Unfortunately, that plan didn't pan out.

The Hampton Inn Laguardia has a parking garage, which was one of the reasons I picked it. But after arriving at 4:30 P.M. we were told the garage would be full until a meeting let out at 9:00 P.M. What!?! We decided to just start driving home despite rush hour traffic.

After several hours of nail-biting traffic, we arrived at the Hampton Inn in Harrisburg, PA, for our first night. The next night we stayed in Columbus, OH, with plenty of time to enjoy an authentic German dinner at Schmidt Haus. Except for the first night reboot, it was a good trip. We don't care to do it again, but it really wasn't bad.

We returned home late afternoon Saturday, April 23, and have been busy ever since helping my son and daughter-in-law set up their new home. Within hours of arriving, Zuae bought a washer and dryer and we took a trip to Aldi. On Sunday, after hubby and I went to mass and the school district's art show, where both grandsons had a piece on display, we picked up a nursery glider I found on Craigslist. Then that evening my daughter hosted a barbecue.

On Tuesday we looked at a kitchen table and chairs I found on a Facebook virtual garage sale. Hubby and my son picked it up last night as well as a coffee table Zuae found on Craigslist. And yesterday afternoon, Zuae and I shopped Target, Aldi again, and Dollar Tree.

It's been busy, but I believe we're nearing the end. I'm most excited about an online Macy's order Zuae placed earlier this week. Zuae is a professional chef, trained in French cuisine at the International Culinary Center. And soon she'll have the tools she never had room for in their tiny New York apartment and all of us will be enjoying some amazing dishes.

Now that the couple is here and settled, I can focus more time on our upcoming trip to Eastern Europe. After months of planning and waiting, yesterday I picked up our travel documents and departure is now just a few weeks away. So excited!

This is the second year one
of Elliott's master pieces
was chosen for the district's
art show.
And now it appears we have
another artist in the family.
Our Kindergartener, Jonah,
also had a piece in the show!



1 comment:

Rita said...

OMGosh!! I knew they were moving and you were busy helping them but I was beginning to wonder if all was going okay. Glad to hear that it is!! How exciting!! And congrats to both the boys!!! Won't be long and you will be off on your awesome vacation, too. What a busy year you are going to have. So happy for everybody!! :):)