May 2018

May 2018

Monday, May 2, 2016

Freedom!

Second day hair ready
for the gym in seconds!
After roughly 18 months of medium length hair, two weeks ago I got my hair cut short. It wasn't an easy decision. I'd really like to have a good looking longer style, because most women do have at least shoulder length hair. However, I did my best for over a year and, no matter the style, products, or time given, my hair rarely looked good.

Truth is for most of my life I've had short hair, including during most of high school. Short just works best for my very fine hair. And it's ridiculous that I feel the need to fight it from time to time.

Now my hair looks decent all the time, and it's so much easier to maintain. It takes much less product, dries super fast and, with dry shampoo, can go at least two days without washing.

I'm especially glad I decided to go short, again, before our trip. By doing so, I've eliminated the need to pack a shoebox worth of hair products and tools. And I know I'll appreciate the time saved in the mornings as well as the little effort it'll take to look decent after a day of air travel.

Best of all, after several days of short hair, I realized I was much happier. Longer hair was simply taking too much time, thought, and effort. Yay for hair freedom!


1 comment:

Rita said...

I've thought of getting my hair cut short ever since I saw my mom did it, but I've never had it short. Besides, Leah volunteered to blunt cut my hair for me for free and has cut it for years so that's usually the deciding factor. So mine has been absolutely just wash and go for years. I love your haircut, though!! Looks great and so easy to deal with every day. Good for you!! :)