May 2018

May 2018

Friday, April 15, 2016

Feeling More Like Myself

I've kept up with chores, cooking, laundry, workouts, and the grandsons' activities. I've also been able to do various tasks in setting up my son and daughter-in-law's new condo. But I've definitely not felt 100% for weeks until just a few days ago.

The biggest problem was fatigue. To the point I started analyzing all the vitamins, and the allergy OTC med (Mucenix), I take on a regular basis. Nothing stood out as a possible culprit. Besides I've been taking all of them for years with no adverse effects.

The other problems were a blocked tear duct, and a severally dried inner nostril and cuticles. And to add to the misery, my nails were going through their twice-a-year pealing. That alone drives me crazy and I've yet to figure out what causes it. The nail tech I use infrequently said it has to do with weather changes that occurred months earlier. Damage was caused to the nail at the cuticle area, but it's not noticeable until the nail grows out. That at least makes more sense than what I uncovered online all of which points to diet. My diet hasn't changed in years.

Anyway, all together these problems have been extremely frustrating, especially the fatigue. Then a few days ago, my sore inner eye improved and it appeared my nails had finally grown past the pealing point. And today my inner nostril is nearly completely healed. But most importantly, as of a couple of days ago, I feel my energy level is quickly getting back to normal.

I have no idea if all the health problems I've been having are related. And I have no idea why I was so tired. I'll probably never figure it out. I'm just glad to be feeling more like myself again.


1 comment:

Rita said...

Well, that is good news! It would be nice if you had answers, but feeling better is the bottom line. I am so worn down from being sick over and over again since last fall that I have been living with seemingly endless fatigue. Takes me longer to recover each time I catch something else. So happy to see spring this year because I am hoping the warmer weather might free me from catching something else when I finally get well--LOL! So glad to hear good news!!! :)