May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Daylight Savings Hater

I just realized we'll be "springing forward" a week from Sunday. I know I'm not the only one, because I've met others, but I'm not a fan of longer days and daylight seeping into evening.

I'm a homebody and love being in my PJs. I enjoy my home and love every minute I'm in it. During the long winter nights, I don't feel guilty at all about dressing for bed at 6:00 P.M. and settling in by the fireplace. But when the sun stays out later and weather is warmer, I feel pressured to get outside and enjoy nature and my personal time is shortened.

It will be nice to shed heavy coats. And I'll enjoy airing out my house for a few hours. And I do like experiencing four seasons. It's just that, for me, a perfect year would include six months of fall weather. Yep, that would be bliss.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I am another DST hater! I am always all off kilter for a couple weeks after the change. And then there's all the clocks! Bleh! Not a fan at all. I am in my nightgown or jammies as soon as it is dark enough to close the blinds. Why mess with Mother Nature--well, I suppose it's Father Time? ;)