May 2018

May 2018

Monday, February 29, 2016

Trip Update

After Birdman won Best Film last year, Spotlight won this year, and Mad Max: Fury Road won numerous awards last night, I just don't understand the Academy's thinking. Nevertheless, bottom line, a good variety of excellent films were released in 2015 and I look forward to seeing more of them.

On another subject, we booked our spring 2016 trip to Eastern Europe last September and now it's finally less than three months away. Yesterday Globus released the list of optional excursions and I was able to book all of them.

So our upcoming once-in-a-lifetime trip is feeling more real now. I'm excited and pray daily it actually happens. That hubby and I maintain our current level of wellbeing. That all family members, specifically my 85-year-old dad and pregnant daughter-in-law, stay well.

I wish I could be carefree, but I'm not and never have been. So I'll continue to be both excited and anxious until we're actually on the Lufthansa flight to Munich. Nevertheless, over the weekend we took another step forward and that's a good thing.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I was totally baffled by Birdman, too. It was like an industry inside joke they enjoyed immensely.
I haven't seen Spotlight, but Md Max was nothing special in my opinion. In fact, I was a little bored watching it--with all the typical special effects and all and little storyline or character development at all. Baffling it won so many awards.
But I loved The Martian. That came out on Netflix rental. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

I can hardly wait for your trip because I want to see tons of pictures and hear all about it. I can't travel anymore--even to Minneapolis--LOL! :)