May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Allergic Reaction

Last Thursday I used the last of my Murad face cleanser. Instead of ordering more, I went to Target and bought a Pacifica face cleanser. Big mistake!

On Saturday afternoon, I noticed some weird bumps on my forehead. I just figured it was from sweating while cleaning out dad's basement. But the bumps were still there Sunday and, after using the cleanser for a third time that night, my face turned red and started swelling. I woke up at 6:00 A.M. Monday to find my entire face severely swollen. I toke two Benadryl and tried to go back to sleep. But around 7:00 A.M. I decide to call hubby to let him know what was going on in case things got worse. He immediately came home from work and took me to the doctor's office.

Since I was not having problems anywhere else on my body and my vitals were normal, the doctor agreed it was probably an allergic reaction to something in the Pacifica face cleanser. So I've been on a regimen of Benadryl and steroids for three days now.

My face has improved but there's still quite a bit of swelling, mostly around my eyes. It's really getting me down. The Benadryl is making me tired. And I'm starting to feel "off" from the steroids as the doctor warned.

Every night I pray it'll be over in the morning. What a nightmare!


1 comment:

Rita said...

OMG! That is a nightmare!! I hope you can get off the meds pretty soon because they can really throw you off--especially the steroids. You poor thing. You need to get your favorite cleanser back ASAP!