May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Weight Lose Logic – NOT!

Once I reach goal weight, I should be able to add 500 calories to my daily diet. Therefore, stands to reason, I should be able to eat an extra 200-300 calories right now and still maintain my current weight, which is 5-8 pounds over goal, depending on the day. In other words, if I add a few hundred calories a day a few times a week, I get that I won't lose weight but feel I should be able to still maintain my current weight lose.

That logic doesn't seem to be playing out, however. I've been fluctuating within three pounds for weeks, but for the last two days it's been three pounds up not down. I suspect it's the extra sugar and salt that's hidden in foods I don't normally eat. However, since I'm still counting calories, I just feel those minor indulgences should not be adding weight.

After the holidays, I won't be faced with situations offering foods outside my normal diet.  I also plan to hit the gym more often in an attempt to get hubby in shape for our May trip. I've offered to join him twice a week on the gym track. Every week he'll pick two days that fit his schedule and we'll go together even if I've been to the gym earlier that day. So I should be able to get back on track (pun intended) to losing those last 5-8 pounds before turning 65 in October 2016.

But, right now, I don't see how I'll ever be able to add 500 calories to my daily caloric intake. Given my recent experience, it seems to me I'll be on 1500 calories per day for the rest of my life if I don't want to gain weight. It's just not logical and drives me a little crazy.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I have no suggestions. I can gain 2 lbs just brushing my teeth. LOL!
I have no doubt that after the holidays things will settle down, though. :) :)