May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer Reading Club

Until this year, I always thought our library's Summer Reading Club was just for kids. But now that I'm more familiar with the library, I know the Summer Reading Club is open to adults too.

I signed up online and, for the past month, have been entering books as I complete them with no idea what to expect. Then two days ago, after logging my latest book, I got a message I had completed the program and could pick-up my reward coupons at the library!

I collected the coupons today and was happy to receive free food items from Penn Station East Coast Subs and Chipotle. Since I've never eaten at Penn Station and have been to Chipotle only once 10+ years ago, I have no idea how much the coupons are worth. But who doesn't like free?

I'm most excited about the Chipotle coupon since I love Mexican food and have heard their menu items are typically fresh and full of flavor. Plus I learned online I can get a Burrito Bowl for less than 500 calories.

The coupons are appreciated, but I've also now been entered into the drawing for "big" prizes at the end of the program. And I'll get more entries the more books I read.

Again, I don't know what to expect, or what the odds are of winning anything "big." Nevertheless, I'm having fun with the library's Summer Reading Club.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I always thought those were for kids, too! Cool!
Now you have a reason to go to new places to eat. :):)
Hope you win the big prize!!