May 2018

May 2018

Friday, June 26, 2015

Sometimes Things Work Out

Our family room is small with a weird layout. The biggest problem is the fireplace. It's too large for the space and shoved into a corner.

It's also an inefficient wood-burning fireplace. When burning wood the draft is so severe we stopped using it. So, a few years ago, when I learned we could convert to an electric fireplace, we didn't hesitate. (Our home is all electric.)

We love the electric fireplace. It turns on with the push of a button and does a surprisingly good job of warming up the room.

But I still wasn't happy with how much space the overall fireplace takes up. Then I got the idea of adding a cushion to the hearth. It would warm up the hard look of the brick and give us extra seating. So I searched and searched and finally took a chance on a bench cushion I found on Overstock.com. Given the dimensions, it seemed two cushions would cover the space perfectly.

Voila! The color and size of the cushions work beautifully. And the cost was well under $100. I just love and rejoice when things work out so nicely.



1 comment:

Rita said...

Nice! I love when you find the perfect item to solve a problem--and for a reasonable price--well, that's an added bonus! :)