May 2018

May 2018

Monday, July 6, 2015

Rocky Mountains Trip Report

Yesterday we returned from our Rocky Mountains vacation. Click here to see the condo in Keystone we rented for the week.

We visited Golden, CO before checking in and, everyday after, we picked a different town to tour: Breckenridge; Morrison (Dinosaur Ridge and Red Rocks Park); Leadville (Leadville Colorado Train and National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum); Vail (Betty Ford Alpine Gardens); Frisco (Frisco's Historic Park Museum); and, on our last full day, GeorgetownIdaho Springs, and Echo Lake.

Despite struggling with the lack of oxygen at such high altitudes, we managed to log a lot of steps. My favorite effort was the climb up the Red Rocks Amphitheatre. In fact, that entire day was my favorite of the trip. I loved the guided tour of Dinosaur Ridge and the beauty of the Red Rocks.

All in all, it was a good trip and I'm happy to report I ended up losing another pound. I indulged in a few sugary treats, but I always kept my calorie count for the day between 1450 and 1550.

There's a lot to do now before our Sanibel, FL trip the end of this month, so I only have time to share a few photos. Enjoy!

Fun store in Breckenridge.
Dillon Lake near our condo rental.
Beautiful Red Rocks Park.
Real dinosaur tracks!
Me celebrating a successful climb
to the top of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
Hopefully gives you an idea
of the steep climb.
View around Echo Lake.
(Beautiful but, at 10,000+ feet, I was really
struggling to breath.)



1 comment:

Rita said...

OMGosh! What a lot to see! I checked every link!! Your condo was gorgeous! What a beautiful view. Wow! That was quite a long, long climb. Looks like a lot of fun. And now you are going again on another trip, too. What a fun summer. :)