May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Positive Reinforcement

I weigh myself on Saturday mornings and, for the last two weeks, I've been at a four-pound weight lose. I'm thrilled, but know four pounds isn't that much. (I mean, hubby dropped six pounds just prepping for his colonoscopy!) Nevertheless, I'm loving the positive reinforcement I've experienced recently.

Today, someone I haven't seen for six weeks immediately asked if I'd lost weight. And some of my bottoms are close to looking ridiculously big. This afternoon I resorted to wearing my swim shorts for a better fit. They look like regular shorts but have zero stretch, so typically aren't that comfortable. Right now they're not bad at all.

But I'm still questioning whether it's the weight lose or more the lose of inches that's making the difference. I still suspect eliminating sugar and artificial sweetener from my diet has kept me from being bloated. Or maybe it's just that I'm drinking more water and consuming more fiber?

Who knows, but I'm not changing the program after all the positive reinforcement. However, I just might have to shop the summer sales sooner than anticipated!


1 comment:

Rita said...

The inches are more important than the pounds. Absolutely! :) :)
Congrats!!