May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Loving the Library

It's been three months since I reactivated my library card and, to date, I've read 10 books. In the past I was doing good if I finished three books a year!

Through the library website, I always have several books on hold and get so excited when the email comes letting me know a book is now waiting for pickup. It reminds me of how I felt in grade school when the bookmobile came.

In addition to enjoying library books, I've also borrowed several DVDs. I'm now in the habit of checking the library archives if the movie I want isn't free through Netflix or Amazon Instant Video. And I recently learned movies can also be downloaded, and  plan to see how that works very soon.

I'll also soon be checking out some library audio books. Armed with print and audio books, the drive to and from Colorado should pass quickly.

Yes, I'm loving the library again!



1 comment:

Rita said...

I had reconnected the year before, but got too busy to read for a while. They are going to have library outreach eventually when I move into the senior building so I can get the current books I want to read again. I need to learn how to snoop around at the library online. I have not tried to figure that out yet. Movies might be a wonderful addition. The only time I truly loved audio books was during road trips. They're just awesome for that. Enjoy!! :)