May 2018

May 2018

Monday, June 1, 2015

Healthier Eating Update

It's now been two months since I made several significant changes to my diet. I haven't had a Diet Pepsi, or any other soda, since April 1. I've also greatly reduced my intake of processed sugar and artificial sweetener. Plus, by eating more vegetables and fruit, I've been able to keep my daily caloric intake between 1400 and 1500 calories. So how's it going? Great!

I haven't felt deprived and, this past week, my rings and clothes have begun fitting looser. Since I've only lost four pounds, I believe the looser fit is mainly due to less bloating.

We leave for Colorado in less than four weeks, but I should be able to stay on track while we're gone. We'll be staying in a condo with a fully-equipped kitchen, so there's no excuse not to. I'll be bringing some staples, and I'm looking forward to shopping in different grocery stores and hitting the local farmers markets.

With the scale finally moving in the right direction, I'm even more motivated to stay the course.



1 comment:

Rita said...

Congrats!! That's wonderful to hear. I was just thinking about changing some eating habits when I move this summer--less carbs/sugars. How encouraging. :)