May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, May 28, 2015

New Carpet

The new carpet is in and looks fantastic. But what an exhausting process!

We have a 1900 square foot ranch, so it's not excessively big. But during the first day of install, I logged 10,700+ steps and never left the house!

I woke up on day two tired and sore. Although I work out regularly, all the lifting, shifting, and ladder climbing took a toll on my senior body. And I'm not finished. I still need to put back the home office, which includes book shelves, and the dining room, which includes the china hutch. And I need to wash and hang the window shears in the master bedroom. More ladder climbing!

We could have put off new carpet for at least another year or maybe two. But having just gone through it, I'm so glad we didn't wait. In a year or two, it might have killed me!


1 comment:

Rita said...

So happy that it is done!! Whoohoo!!
Yes--now, to just get finished putting everything back. ;)