May 2018

May 2018

Friday, May 15, 2015

Proud Grandma

My oldest grandson is wrapping up third grade and, yesterday, his teacher sent this email to my daughter who's also a teacher. Even if Elliott gets a full scholarship to a prestigious university someday, I doubt I will be prouder than I am right now.
Elliott with his little
brother, Jonah, last March
in Disney World.


I had to write you because I had this moment today when it hit me how much I'm going to miss your little guy next year. I have to tell you that he is one of the truly sweetest, kindest, most positive students I have ever had. I told him this today. I could have actually started tearing up! I just wanted you to know how I appreciate Elliott so much. He has been beyond a joy to have in class. I don't always see students that are honestly kind and thoughtful to everyone they come across. This is Elliott every single day. There are certain students (as you know) that really leave a mark on your heart. I can tell you that Elliott has really been that for me. Just wanted to share.


I've always known this about Elliott and have often said he's a kind soul. I'm honored to be his grandma.


1 comment:

Rita said...

OMG! I almost cried just reading this! That is all you want your children (or grandchildren) to be. Thoughtful, kind, loving people. His whole family has done a wonderful job raising him. Kudos to Elliott!! :) :)