May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Jonah's Second Dance Recital

This past Thursday was Jonah's second and, probably, last dance recital. Dance was an optional class at his preschool and Jonah is moving onto Kindergarten after next week's graduation.

Although he liked dance, I think Jonah will find other physical activities more enjoyable. (For example, he's excited about learning Karate this summer.) For the last two years, however, Jonah's dance recital has been a highlight of my year. Here's this year's performance:



One thing I did differently this year is present Jonah with a bouquet of flowers after the recital. I noticed last year a lot of parents gave their little dancers flowers and Jonah loves receiving them. Some months ago, out of the blue, he asked my daughter, "Why doesn't anyone ever give me flowers?" A few weeks later, when Jonah got strep, Emily gave him a bouquet and he was "over the moon" with excitement. The same thing happened at the recital. The look on Jonah's face was so worth the $4.99 it cost me. Thank you Aldi's!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Awwww! They are so cute. That is so cool you got him flowers! He does look over the moon in that picture, Dianne. :):)