May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

It's Just Wrong

I keep a neat and tidy home. And I'm constantly improving its efficiency and organization. In fact, my biggest motivator for continually purging is to make it easy to find and access absolutely everything. And to also make it easier and quicker to keep the whole house clean. Therefore, as I prepare for the installation of new carpet, my anxiety level is soaring!

On Tuesday, the carpet will be replaced in the two bedrooms, the hobby room, and the hall. So, so far, I've moved a roomful of craft supplies to the dining room; begun emptying the bedroom closets by hanging clothes in doorways; and stripped and washed two windows. To me, I'm now living in chaos!

I keep reminding myself that, when it's over by next Friday, my house will be thoroughly clean and I'll be free to enjoy the summer. But, as the prep continues, it's getting harder and harder to convince myself. I suppose if it gets super bad, I can always take one of those Xanax the doc prescribed in case I have another panic attack due to claustrophobia. Either that or break my diet with a couple of Margaritas!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh, I can relate! I know my place is going to become chaos from now till I move with boxes everywhere! And then--for however it takes this snail to put everything away when I am moved. I am looking at months of chaos. I can handle it short term, but when it gets to be weeks and months--awk! It will all be good. Very good. Just as yours will be. Hang in there!! :) :)