May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, April 16, 2015

What's Been Going On?

I've been sick since last Thursday. Started out with a sore throat, which I prayed wasn't strep. I believe I "dodged that bullet" and it seems to be a good old-fashioned cold, a lot of sneezing, watery eyes, some coughing, head congestion. Not fun and has kept me from working out for over a week.

Nevertheless, I have managed to do some home decor planning and shopping. My daughter recently did some shopping for blinds and, as a result, I became aware of the perfect solution for our south-facing sliding glass door. The blind will be installed in 3-4 weeks and I'll finally be rid of drapes. Hallelujah!

We're also getting new carpet. We had planned to put it off for another year, but then got an offer of 30 months free financing. I'm excited but also anxious about the mess and inconvenience. I just keep reminding myself that, in addition to getting beautiful new carpet, the house will get a thorough cleaning, which makes me very happy. It also means I can put off spring cleaning until the new carpet's installed late May early June and Grandma Daycare is closed for the summer.

Speaking of which, after today there's only five more Tuesdays and Thursdays left of watching Jonah. It's hard for all of us to believe he'll be in Kindergarten next school year and learning to read. And just as difficult to believe Elliott will be in fourth grade. BTW, Elliott's doing very well in school and making great strides in managing his anxiety. Plus two of his art projects will be on display in the District Art Show. I'll be sure to post pictures.

And that's my update. Hope you're all enjoying sunny spring weather. And I'm hoping to return to the gym tomorrow. Fingers crossed!


1 comment:

Rita said...

So much for hoping you were just busy. Well, you were still busy, but being sick is a real drag. The home makeover sounds wonderful, though. Those are big things, too. Will make a world of difference in the entire atmosphere of your home. Whoohoo!! You should take before and after pictures!!

Won't be long and your time will be your own. Do you have any special plans lined up? Hope you made it back to the gym. :)