May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Healthier Diet (Lifestyle) Update

I'm much better, but over the weekend I was fighting severe fatigue. I don't know if it was lingering effects of the viral infection or the fact I've been on 1400-1500 calories a day since April 1. But because I remember lack of energy being a problem once before when I was counting calories, I started leaning toward the 1500 calorie mark and almost immediately began feeling better. However, I'm also less congested everyday, so being sick might still be to blame.

But because, according to Lose It!, I should still lose 1/2-1 pound a week on 1500 calories a day, I think I'll stick to that plan for awhile. Especially since, at this point, I'd be thrilled to lose just a quarter pound a week.

I didn't weigh myself on April 1, so I really don't know if I've lost any weight yet. However, I'm feeling lighter (less blotted I guess) and my clothes are a tad bit looser. I did finally get on the scale last Saturday and am guessing I might have lost at least two pounds. My plan now is to weigh myself once a week even though I hate how that number affects my mood.

But, aside from the viral infection, I'm feeling so much better on the healthier diet I've adopted, I plan to stick with it even if I don't lose weight. I've nearly eliminated all processed sugar and artificial sweetener and, so far, haven't missed them. I don't know if that's why I feel better, or the fact I'm eating more fiber and protein.

Whatever it is, I'm happy to report the diet changes I've made seem to be working, and are becoming a part of a healthier lifestyle.



1 comment:

Rita said...

Good for you!! Glad you are finally feeling better. There's sure some lingering crud been going around all winter long. I've been lucky, so far--knock on wood. Sounds like your healthier eating plan is going great! :)