May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

So Far So Good

It's been a month since I started using the county library, again, after a long absence. My hope was I'd start reading more. To date I've read four books and will complete a fifth within a day or two. Since that's twice the number of books I completed all of last year, I say the plan is working.

In addition to books, I've also been borrowing DVDs. Today I picked up two yoga DVDs. I took yoga classes for years, but stopped when I could no longer bend my right big toe. I got tired of reminding the instructor that certain poses were just not going to happen for me.

My plan, now, is to see how I like yoga DVDs, and to test them with Jonah. I'm hoping it will be a nice activity for us to do together. Plus I've been missing the benefits of disciplined stretching and flexing.

While picking up the DVDs today, I noticed all the audio books at the library. Now I plan to take my husband to the library before we drive to Colorado so he can pick titles that interest him.

Without a doubt, I'm again enjoying the St. Louis County library, a great source of free entertainment.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I love audio books on car trips!
I cancelled my library lady last fall because I just had no time to read and keep up. I still don't really. Things go so busy after Ian arrived in our lives. But whenever I want to start again all I have to do is call her. I love the library!! And it's free!! I'm surprised more people don't use them. :)