May 2018

May 2018

Monday, April 6, 2015

Diet Changes

Last year I concentrated on working out in preparation for our January trip to Universal Orlando. My goal was to be strong enough to keep up with my grandson and daughter for three consecutive days in the theme parks. Since we logged 8+ miles each day and I was never extremely tired, I feel I succeeded.

Now I'm on a mission to improve my daily diet. I want to eat healthier and wouldn't mind dropping a size. Unfortunately, for me, working out 3-4 days a week has not resulted in any weight lose.

To that end, last week I started logging all the food I eat with the help of LoseIt.com. Several years ago, LoseIt helped me drop 10+ pounds and I'm hoping it'll do the same again.

But this time around, I'm making several dietary changes based on what I've read and researched. I'm drastically reducing my processed sugar intake; eating a lot more protein; consuming more fiber; and drinking more water. By making those changes, and keeping my daily calories at 1400-1500, I'm also consuming fewer simple carbohydrates.

By the time I reach 65 in October 2016, my hope is this healthier diet will be a natural part of everyday life. It's all up to me. I just can't let life's stressors "throw me off my game." Here's to a fitter healthier me!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Kudos to you and best of luck with the new way of eating! We're only about half a year apart in age. It sure has crept up on us quickly, hasn't it? LOL! :)