May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Updates

Spring break is over and so is the warmer weather. Snow flurries are predicted for this weekend.

While we were enjoying spring-like weather, I was motivated to workout more. In addition to my gym classes, I did a 5K walk the past two Saturdays, one on the elementary school track and the other on the walking path at Forest Park. My plan is to keep doing a weekend 5K whenever possible. Unfortunately, given the forecast, that means using the gym's indoor track this weekend, which doesn't excite me. At the gym, it takes 25 laps to complete a 5K, which makes me feel like a hamster just going round and round!

I continue to do well with my goal to read more. I'm currently a third of the way through my third library book. I truly hope this pace continues and reading becomes a big part of my life. It's nice to have a hobby and interest that doesn't have to cost a thing to enjoy, and takes up little-to-no room!

It's a convoluted story as to how it happened, but we will be taking another trip in 2015 despite wanting to primarily save money this year. However it's an extremely affordable trip. We'll be driving to Keystone, Colorado, in June where we've reserved a condo at a great price. I'm told the weather is typically delightful in the mountains that time of year, especially compared to hot humid Missouri. I hope so because our plan is to do a lot of hiking and perhaps some biking.

In addition to the above, and normal cooking, cleaning, and keeping up with the laundry, I've been purging and updating my spring/summer wardrobe. When the nicer weather is finally here to stay, I don't want to waste time finding something to wear. I love that 85% of my warm-weather clothing budget went to workout cloths.

And that's my update. Happy spring!



1 comment:

Rita said...

A trip to the mountains on a good bargain rate sounds too good to pass up! I can hardly wait to see pictures of your hikes and where you are relaxing. :)

I will have to get back to purging pretty soon here, too. But first I am in need of some art table time, I think.

I can see where going around in circles indoors would feel just like a hamster--LOL! Spring will be here soon! :)