May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Enjoying Spring Break

I'm loving Spring Break. I've been staying up as late as my body allows, and haven't set my alarm since last Thursday. And the weather's been absolutely beautiful.

"Eggs Ala Round" by Cheryl Granda
contains 45 DMC colors, nine
metallic thread colors, and 11
different mini beads. 
I walked the outdoor track Saturday and today, and enjoyed Monday's gym class. I've also been doing some spring cleaning in between watching the last two seasons of The Closer. Today I cleaned and stored the flannel sheets, electric blanket, and room humidifiers. I also put away my winter shoes and pulled out all my sandals.

While watching television, I've been cross-stitching a large Easter project. It won't be finished by this Easter, but I always enjoy stitching a seasonal project while in the season.

I'm also nearly finished with my first library book, with three more to enjoy right after. I'm feeling very good about going back to real books. I think there's a good chance I'll be reading a lot more than I did when I was depending solely on digital books. I'd missed the gratification of actually seeing how much I've read. And spotting a good book sitting on the nightstand or family room table is much more enticing than seeing an iPad or Kindle. Plus it's nice to hold an actual book.

Unfortunately, tomorrow will not be so much fun. I have a two-hour dental appointment. One filling will be replaced with a new filling and another with a crown. The only upside is the crown will be cast while I wait, eliminating the need for a second appointment.

I should be finished by 1:00 P.M. when, if I'm feeling alright, I planned to get a milkshake before heading home. And that's when Spring Break fun resumes!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Wow! You have been getting so much done! Whoohoo!! I get blog posts the next day via email so you are maybe sitting in the dentist's chair right now. I hope all goes well with that and you get your milkshake after. Sounds like, other than the dentist, it was a good spring break. :)