May 2018

May 2018

Friday, April 3, 2015

Over the Rainbow

Yesterday after school, my daughter, hubby, and I took the grandsons to see The Wizard of Oz on a big screen. A local theater is hosting "Vintage Nights" every Thursday in April. What a treat!

Elliott (9) and Jonah (5) had never seen The Wizard of Oz and both truly enjoyed it. When hubby asked Jonah what the movie was about he responded: "She wanted to leave home but, when she did, she just wanted to go back."

When we told the boys, long ago, you could only see The Wizard of Oz once a year, in the spring, on a small television, Elliott asked why we didn't just record it. He was shocked to learn we had no recording devise.

No doubt times have changed drastically since 1939. But The Wizard of Oz has stood the test of time and, last night, impressed yet another generation.


1 comment:

Rita said...

That is so cool that they played it on the big screen!! I have always loved that movie. It definitely stands the test of time and the kids today should see it. I'm also a big fan of my favorite movie It's A Wonderful Life which comes out once a year around Christmas. So much so that I bought a copy--LOL! But I don't have The Wizard of Oz. I could record it, too, I suppose. But I like seeing them without all the commercials. ;)