May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Amazon Frustration

I started watching The Closer after seeing Whiplash because I was so impressed by J.K. Simmons' performance and wanted to see more of him. I was thrilled to find all seven seasons available for free through Amazon Instant Video, and had been watching episode after episode every chance I got. Last night I was well into Season 5.

But, sadly, today I found Amazon is no longer offering episodes of The Closer for free. I suspect it's because J.K. Simmons won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, and others want to see more of his work too. In other words, Simmons made The Closer popular, again, and Amazon is taking advantage of the situation.

I'm thrilled Simmons won the Oscar. In fact, yesterday I watched Whiplash, again, through Amazon, and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time. But now I'm also frustrated that the win has made The Closer no longer freely available.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Netflix is always messing with what is on streaming, too. Especially frustrating when you are in the middle of watching a series! I fully understand your pain. ;)