May 2018

May 2018

Monday, February 23, 2015

Urge to Purge

From Vocabulary.com. . .

To purge is to get rid of something or someone, and often it's done suddenly. Purge rhymes with urge, and when you have a really strong urge to throw stuff away or clean something out, you have
an urge to purge.

The urge hit me last Saturday and, without forethought or planning, I started purging my wardrobe and handbags. After last year's major purge, I ended up with only one tall kitchen trash bag for charity. But, more importantly, my clothes and handbags are better organized now because I shifted and rearranged things in the process.

I'm hoping the urge to purge my hobby room hits next. I've been donating items to Jonah's preschool all school year, which feels wonderful. The school is appreciative and I've freed up a lot of space.

However I still have a large closet of craft supplies that needs cleaning, reorganizing, and purging. Here's hoping the satisfaction of a cleaner bedroom, that's better organized, brings on the urge soon!



1 comment:

Rita said...

Whoohoo!! Good for you! I know it feels just marvelous. With I had the urge to do anything at all--ROFL! ;)