May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, February 22, 2015

So Close

The Academy Awards ceremony is this evening and I've seen all but one of the movies nominated for Best Movie. That's the closest I've ever come to seeing all the nominees, and I think it'll make watching the Oscars a lot more fun.

I didn't see Selma, but I will when it's available through Amazon Instant Video. One of the nicest things about this year's nominees is they're all movies I can watch. In other words, none of them include a lot of blood and guts, or severe human suffering. I simply refuse to watch those types of movies any more.

I plan to record tonight's ceremony so I can zip through all the commercials and still watch Downtown Abbey. Ain't life grand!



1 comment:

Rita said...

Wow! I'm usually lucky if I've seen one of the nominated movies. It must be so much more fun when you have seen so many! This year I haven't seen a one, but have heard good things about all of them. I usually tape the oscars so I can zip through anything I don't want to see--including commercials--LOL!

I always record Downton. Some weeks I watch it twice--sad! My excuse is that my reception isn't great and I often miss something here and there because of glitches--if that's the case, then I watch it again online on the PBS website later in the week so I don't miss a word or gesture. ;) What's odd is, on the website they force you to watch commercials.