May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, February 7, 2015

American Sniper

This morning I checked off another Oscar nominee, American Sniper. I heard it was a "powerful" movie and I have to agree. It was indeed disturbing and left me thinking "God (sure) works in mysterious ways."

I was worried about seeing a lot of blood and guts, but Clint Eastwood told the story without overdoing that part of war. Plus it turned out American Sniper is less a war movie and more a psychological study. What type of people become soldiers? What drives those soldiers to return to the war zone over and over? How do soldiers manage after serving?

American Sniper is a good movie, but I don't think it's an Oscar winner. I won't be surprised, however, if Bradley Cooper wins for Best Actor. The Academy seems to love actors who transform themselves for a part, and Cooper transformed into the Incredible Hulk!

I definitely recommend American Sniper.


1 comment:

Rita said...

The only reason I want to watch this one is that I heard it was more a psychological study. I'm very curious about it. :)