May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, December 20, 2014

December Daily – December 20

After a great facial this morning, hubby and I went out to lunch and then shopped at Kohl's. I had a 30% off coupon and was hoping hubby would find a new winter coat. Instead I was the one who found a waterproof casual winter coat at a great price. It's the perfect addition to my coat wardrobe because all my other warm coats are wool and not great when it's raining or snowing.

When we got back home, I made gingerbread cookies while hubby checked that my Harry Potter electric train still works. The boys will decorate the cookies with Uncle Dan probably the day after Christmas. And I plan to use the train on some straight track as my Christmas Eve lunch centerpiece. Then after we open presents and clear the table, hubby will set up all the track and the train in motion will delight our train-lovin' little boy.

Elliott was compulsive about trains for several years before getting hooked on Lego bricks and video games. Now it's Jonah's turn. In our family, toy trains have truly stood the test of time.

All in all, it was a productive day. And, as expected, I'm feeling much less stressed.


1 comment:

Rita said...

Sounds like a great day and a good coat find. You are really doing fantastic on the December Daily, lady!! Whoohoo!! :)