May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, December 18, 2014

December Daily – December 18

This happened. . .


It actually snowed all day. Unfortunately, however, the ground was so warm most of it melted already. It's too bad because it was probably our last chance for a white Christmas.

I had planned to do more holiday grocery shopping today. But no way was I going to juggle groceries and a pre-schooler in snow and freezing temperatures. Instead Jonah made a huge train track in the family room, which thankfully amused him for hours and gave me time to do laundry and make gingerbread cookie dough.

I also started this Santa cross-stitch project. . .


It won't be finished before Christmas, but there's something nice about working on a Christmas piece during the holiday season. It just wouldn't be as much fun to stitch it in the middle of July. Although it is a patriotic Santa :)

And now I'm feeling a sense of freedom. Tomorrow's the last day of school for 2014 and I just need to get Elliott on the bus in the morning because my daughter's picking him up after school. So after the bus comes in the morning, Grandma Daycare is on holiday break until January 5. Happy holidays to me!


1 comment:

Rita said...

We got a dusting. Was definitely cold enough to accumulate if it had so chosen. I wish we'd get enough white stuff to cover the lawn at least.

Enjoy your school holiday!! :)