May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December Daily – Day 2

Jonah and I were busy elves today. First Jonah colored a wooden gingerbread house with people and trees while I assembled gift tags.

I found the perfectly-sized wooden snowflake ornaments at Target for my paper-punch cross-stitch images. I just glued the images to the fronts and made paper to-from tags for the backs.


Next, after I attached tags to presents I had already wrapped, Jonah decided to make a present for his big brother. Because Jonah likes to color and cut, I found a Lego mini-figure image online for him to turn into a puzzle. After coloring the image I printed on card stock, Jonah cut it into pieces following guidelines I drew on the back. He had so much fun he decided to make two!

I took pictures of each image with my Instax Mini 8 camera and affixed them to envelopes that held the pieces. We then put the envelopes in a box, which we wrapped, and Jonah filled out the to-from tag.


I'm very proud of Jonah for being so thoughtful and completing such a big project. Now I need to come up with an idea for something Elliott can make and give Jonah. I love the idea of this becoming a Christmas tradition.




1 comment:

Rita said...

Those are really cute wooden snowflakes! Great idea to turn them into tags. And the jigsaw puzzle was a brilliant idea. Sounds like a lot of fun! :)