May 2018

May 2018

Monday, December 1, 2014

December Daily – Day 1

Today we woke to extreme cold and ice. It was so bad many schools cancelled classes, including ours. So today was Snow Day #1 for the 2014-15 school year.

My daughter was especially thrilled because it gave her another day to settle into their new home. And the time to put up their tree.

The move last week kept all of us crazy busy. Hubby and son-in-law made minor repairs to the old house, and moved two truckloads of stuff everyday throughout the holiday weekend. And I was involved with organizing and decorating.

On Saturday, I kidnapped my daughter to go shopping for decor/storage items for Jonah's room. When we returned we immediately tackled the mess while Jonah was at a birthday party. It was well worth all the work. When Jonah saw his room, he literally jumped for joy!

I usually put up our Christmas decorations during the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year I was too busy to get it all done. So I was happy for the Snow Day, too. Here are pictures of what's different from last year.

The pieces on the kitchen etagere are different
from last year. The owls are multiplying!
The corner of my kitchen counter
is also different this year.
This is the first Christmas for my display case.
Behind the glass doors are my four
Lego Holiday Village sets.
The tree's the same as last year, but I'm
including this shot because, on the left,
you can see the reindeer I set up every year
in the sunroom.

Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Moving when it is so cold is an extra trial. I am glad it went well and things are settling in for them. It always takes some time. I hope they love their new place. :) You really do decorate! Great tree! :)