May 2018

May 2018

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Well, I made it through my birthday lunch on Wednesday, but ended up seeing the doc yesterday. All symptoms indicate strep throat. Test results won't be in for 48 hours, but I started antibiotics last night.

I sure hope things improve by this evening. The pain is horrible and much worse at night when I go horizontal. It's been a week since I've had a good night's sleep.

Unfortunately, if it is strep throat, I've been contagious for days. I feel badly about that, but I kept expecting the sore throat to develop into a typical upper-respiratory infection not be diagnosed as a bacterial infection.

I just read it can take 24-36 hours of being on antibiotics to start feeling better. I'm praying for noticeable relief by tonight. I hope to use my extra hour this weekend to catch up on much needed sleep.

I did watch Jonah yesterday and we managed to make cupcakes, which is a Halloween tradition for our family. BTW, he's still not 100% after coming down with a fever two weeks ago. Fun times.


No comments: