May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Back Among the Living

I was down nearly 10 days with a virus that "kicked my butt." It turned out not to be strep throat, although the throat pain was tremendous. I still have a bit of congestion, and my energy level is far from normal, but I'm finally able to do necessary chores.

While I was down, I watched several Showtime series. First Masters of Sex; and then Homeland. I found Masters of Sex fascinating, especially since it takes place in my hometown, St. Louis, MO. I previously had no idea that research occurred in my backyard. Of course, I was very young at the time.

I'm now nearly finished with Season Three of Homeland. Maybe I'm experiencing a bit of overdose, but it's starting to get a little ridiculous. I mean, how many times can a person come back from a brutal beating with no physical handicap?

Nevertheless, I see why the series has won so many awards. It's the most complicated show I've ever watched. I'll definitely stick with it. Currently there are four seasons and all available on Showtime Anytime.

I've also been doing a lot of cross-stitching, mostly making gift tags and ornaments with punched paper. I found the patterns in an amazing stitchery shop in Pigeon Forge, TN. The shopkeeper warned me I might get hooked on punched-paper cross-stitching. She was right. Yesterday I ordered more paper and patterns online.

I plan to skip my gym class, again, tomorrow and give myself more time to completely heal. But, God willing, I'll be back to normal on Monday. I sure hope so because Thanksgiving is just three weeks away!

No comments: