May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Hundred-Foot Journey

Hubby volunteered to paint our daughter's basement yesterday, so I went to the movies again. This time I saw The Hundred-Foot Journey, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Granted the movie moves slowly, but there's still so much to like – Helen Mirren; a French local; a storyline centered around the preparation, presentation, and consumption of food; and seniors falling in love. But, best of all, it was an entertaining movie with no special effects, cursing, violence, or sex. Hallelujah!

Of course, I also saw a number of previews for upcoming movies, many based on true-life experiences. But the one that interested me the most was Into the Woods, an adult fairytale staring Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, and Emily Blunt. The release date is Christmas Day. I'm marking my calendar!

1 comment:

Rita said...

I put that movie in my saved queue for when it is released. I already had the Into The Woods one in there. Glad you got a chance to go to the movie theater. :)