May 2018

May 2018

Friday, August 22, 2014

Dreaming of the Smokies

Many years ago I took a girls trip to Asheville, NC, and fell in love with the Smoky Mountains. We went in October and the fall colors were simply breathtaking. I've said it many times ever since, if not for family I would retire to North Carolina. I would live near the middle of the state with both the mountains and shore just a few hours away.

This October I'm finally returning to the Smoky Mountains and, this time, taking hubby. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I just know he's going to fall in love too.

We'll be staying in a one-bedroom cabin in Pigeon Forge, TN, which is closer than Asheville (less than a nine-hour drive) with more options that fit our needs. But we are planning a day trip to Asheville to tour Biltmore. And we'll be hiking or driving in the mountains every day.

St. Louis is currently experiencing days of 100-degree weather. To get through the heatwave, I'm focusing on the mountains. Forty-nine days and counting!

Just like I remember.



1 comment:

Rita said...

OMG! I looked at the gallery of pictures of the house and gardens. Wow! That will be quite the tour.

I've heard that Asheville is an art & craft hub. Supposed to be beautiful there. I can hardly wait to see pictures!!! Take lots!! :) So excited for you guys. Should be cooler by then, I hope.