May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Definitely Some Sort of Trip!

Today hubby and I treated ourselves to a nice meal followed by a movie. I had a $10 off coupon for  Brio Tuscan Grille, so we decided to try dishes from their new Light Menu. Hubby had the 500-calorie Grilled Mahi Mahi and I had the 365-calorie 5-ounce Filet Brio. We enjoyed every bite and the service was fantastic. It's just too bad Brio isn't more budget-friendly. If it were, we would eat there once a week!

After lunch we headed to the movie theater to see The Trip to Italy. It's gotten better than fair reviews and the storyline sounds appealing, but it turned out to be just too odd for us. Hubby had no idea what was going on, and I felt the plot unfolded clumsily. But we did enjoy the food scenes, the scenery, and a few laughs, so it wasn't a complete fail.

All-in-all, topped off with a dish of frozen custard from Lion's Choice, it was a good day. And now I'm looking forward to decorating the house for fall.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I hadn't heard of that movie. I won't go looking for it n Netflix. Thanks! Sounds like it was a good evening, regardless, with scrumptious food! :)