May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Love-Hate Relationship

Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I'm sure the fact my birthday is in October has a lot to do with it. As a child I knew when school started and the leaves began to turn, my special day was just around the corner. And because my birth date is October 29, my parties always had a fun Halloween theme. What's not to love?

Of course it's been a long time now since I've gotten excited about my birthday. Yet I still love fall: the decorating; the festivities; the celebrations; and, most of all, the temperatures. But there's also a part of fall I hate – the ragweed.

As soon as ragweed starts producing pollen I have chronic post-nasal drip that causes a sore throat and upset stomach. The best remedy I've found is to take time-release Mucenix every morning and Benadryl at night, and to stay indoors as much as possible.

This fall has been worse than ever because of all the rain we've gotten. While I love how green everything is, I'm frustrated with having to take pricey Mucenix and nightmare-inducing Benadryl. And who wants to stay inside when its 70 degrees and sunny outside?

Yes, fall and I have a love-hate relationship. But it's still my favorite time of year.


No comments: