May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Now I Did It!

The first thing I did yesterday morning was walk into the laundry room to do a load of wash. I bent over to pick up a towel and that's when it happened. I strained my lower back.

I've been in varying degrees of pain ever since. Yesterday I applied an ice pack. Today I'm using a heating pad. I'm also taking ibuprofen every four hours.

From everything I've read, it could take 2-4 weeks for the strain to fully heal. And, for the first 2-3 days, rest, ice, heat, and regular doses of OTC painkillers are recommended.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment to discuss my yearly blood work. I guess we'll have more to talk about now. Although I'm sure a back strain is just a waiting game.

Unfortunately, after not watching either of my grandsons for weeks, this Tuesday and Thursday I have Jonah all day. I'm praying the pain will be manageable, and Jonah won't mind watching a lot of cartoons and movies.

This too shall pass.


1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh no! I have the chronic back pain but have known people who have their back go out and it sounds horrible! You poor thing! I hope it passes quickly.